Whipped cream mixed with instant hot chocolate in fudgy and delicious brownie cups, topped with toasted marshmallows
I’ve told myself not to get a bag of marshmallows when on the healthy lifestyle street. But I cannot shake up the thought of using my dying hot chocolate mix with whipped cream in brownie cups and I know they would be prettier (and yummier) when topped with toasted marshmallow. So I gave in.
The idea came from Burlap and Blue. I really loved the idea of cream cheese in the recipe, but I don’t think the girl inside me with a migraine would love it, so I skipped it (too sad!). Also, I didn’t have filo for cups or anything similar, so I’ve thought of brownie cups.
Brownie cups. Whipped cream with hot chocolate mix (you can go level 10 naughtiness and add cream cheese!). Toasted marshmallows.
They all sound naughty and perfect for your cheat day! 😀 I always tell my friends that when I say I will be on a cheat day, I really mean it! Besides, these were made during my birthday last month. 😉
I don’t think I have to explain these pretty ones further. It’s pretty obvious – when you take a bite, you’ll have a taste of brownies (my favorite!), whipped cream with hot chocolate mix and toasted marshmallows. The addition of marshmallows can be skipped, but may I ask why?? I added colorful sprinkles coz what’s a birthday without happy sprinkles?? Pretty little treats!
Hot Chocolate Cream in Brownie Cups
- Hot chocolate cream (recipe below)
- Brownie cups (recipe below)
- Marshmallows, toasted (optional)
For the hot chocolate cream:
- ¾ cup whipping/heavy cream
- 2 packets instant hot chocolate mix
- Make sure that your bowl, beaters, and whipping/heavy cream are very cold.
- In your cold bowl, add in whipping/heavy cream. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add in instant hot chocolate mix gently using a spatula.
- Place in the fridge until ready to use.
For the brownie cups:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, vanilla and coffee mixture.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix using a spatula, making sure not to overmix them.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or 1 tbsp), place in batter into the muffin hole over each mini Oreos.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until the top doesn’t look too glossy or mostly set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and press the top of each brownie with the bottom of a small container or glass to create a well.
- Let them cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- When brownie cups have cooled completely, fill them with the hot chocolate cream.
- Chill in the fridge before serving and top with toasted marshmallows.
Note: For the sprinkles, I melted chocolate in a microwave and dunked the top edges of the brownie cups then I added sprinkles.