So you know the story of ripe bananas… they always turn into delicious treats. It happens to me all the time except when the others don’t want to get hot so they throw themselves in the blender and prefer to be mashed up for smoothies. I buy bananas almost every week. I love eating them without the black spots on the skin. When I see those spots, I speak to the bananas and tell them ‘So you will know what will happen to you, right?’ And they know.
The friendly bananas asked for some company this time and they want chocolate. So I said ‘Okay, you’ll have company this time.’ And marble bread came to mind.
Like the plain, old banana muffins and breads I’ve made before, I served this marble bread pancake syrup and a cup of coffee. Make this delicious bread and you’ll have the best of both worlds. 😉
Chocolate Banana Marble Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine butter and sugar. Mix until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs one at a time while beating after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture while mixing.
- Remove 1 cup of the batter from the mixture and place in another bowl. Add cocoa powder, vegetable oil and melted chocolate. Mix well and set aside.
- To the remaining mixture, add the mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of the banana mixture into the prepared pan.
- Dividing the mixture into two, add spoonfuls of chocolate-flour mixture at the top of the banana mixture on the prepared pan.
- Add the remaining banana mixture on the chocolate-flour mixture.
- Last thing, add again spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Make sure to cool completely before slicing.
Source recipe: Chocolate Banana Marble Bread by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
I hope you have a chance to try this and let me know what you think. 😉
Wishing you a day full of smiles! 😀 😀 😀
I am also sharing this at
Saucy Saturdays | What’d You Do This Weekend? | Happiness is Homemade | Melt In Your Mouth Monday | Cook Blog Share | Turn It Up Tuesday | Totally Terrific Tuesday | Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday | Kitchen Fun & Crafty Friday | Foodie FriDIY | Sunday Sweets |