Yay! It’s S’mores season and these cheesecakes are just in time – graham cracker crust, creamy and dreamy cheesecake filling, chocolate ganache and toasted marshmallows. These cheesecakes are in individual servings and they are super fantastic!
I’ve been busy being Super Jhuls for the last few weekends.
I’ve been busy saving friends (a.k.a. ingredients) who liked to end their lives.
You know that I have a habit of buying stuff in bulk, especially when they are on saleeee! I know you feel me. I’ve had plans for them, but suddenly I decided to do this Whole30 thing. Bye, chocolate chips, cookie butter, marshmallows and to all sweet stuff. But one day, a bag of marshmallow just fell off from who knows where. It’s like it is telling me to hurry and save them and its friends. So I got very busy thinking what to do. I just have few weeks left, I thought.
So I did what I have to do and saved whatever I could.
First things to save: graham crackers and marshmallows. So what do I think of when I hear both? S’mores! S’mores! S’mores! So here goes S’mores Cheesecake Cupcakes…
These mini cheesecakes have a graham cracker crust, cheesecake filling (of course), chocolate ganache and toasted marshmallows on the top. They are super creamy and rich, but you will not eat them everyday. I am telling you – they are super delicious!
I am sharing these with my friends at Fiesta Friday at this week’s amazing Fiesta Friday # 174.
S'mores Cheesecake Cupcakes
For the graham cracker crust:
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs or 12 sheets of Graham crackers, finely grounded
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache & topping:
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 70 regular size marshmallows or 10 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F. Fill 10 muffin pan holes with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, add graham crackers, sugar and melted butter. Mix well to incorporate. Take about 2 tbsp of the crust mixture and divide into the bottom of 10 cupcake liners. Press down. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add cream cheese and beat until fluffy. Add in sour cream and beat again. Add egg, sugar and vanilla extract; beat again just until combined.
- Taking about 2 ½ tbsp each, divide the cheesecake filling between the prepared crusts.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cheesecake filling is set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cheesecakes cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to cool further.
- Place inside the fridge for about 3 hours or overnight. (I did mine overnight)
When ready to serve or just about an hour to serve,
- In a heatproof bowl, place semisweet chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Melt in a microwave on low-medium heat while checking and mixing at 15 seconds interval. This can also be done over a pot of simmering water, making sure that the bowl doesn’t touch the hot water.
- Let the ganache set a little before topping the cheesecakes.
- Place regular size marshmallows above the topping (or large marshmallows). Toast the marshmallows using a kitchen torch, making sure not to burn them.
Source recipe: Mini S’mores Cheesecakes by Crazy for Crust
Also sharing at