Ditch that seasoning packet from your instant ramen and use teriyaki sauce! This is very easy to make and the flavor is so much better!
How do you know if you are craving or just want to eat a specific food? As defined, we all know that a food craving is a powerful desire to eat a specific kind of food. I surely know how powerful that can be, but that one I felt was not that powerful. So… could I say that it was not a craving? How do you think of this?
I was typing my Facebook messenger password and I was notified that my password was incorrect. Guess what I typed – I typed ‘ramen’ twice. I was pissed when I can’t get my password correct and then I laughed at myself when I found out I was typing ‘ramen’. How in the world did I get that? Hmm, surely, ramen was on my mind during that time.
I wanted to eat ramen, but I didn’t want to include the seasoning packet. Also, I wanted to use the teriyaki sauce I made. I had leftover uncooked chicken breasts and some veggies that wanted to say goodbye to the world. So I ended up making this delicious Chicken Teriyaki Noodles.
The noodles was cooked and mixed to the cooked chicken and veggies. I used red, yellow and green bell peppers, brown mushrooms, onions and spring onions for this one, but you could use whatever veggies you fancy. I used the teriyaki sauce that I have made and it was fantastic! This can be easily put up together and a quick meal, too. What I love about ditching the seasoning packet and use your own sauce – you can control how much sauce you’d like to put. And you know me, I mostly put too much of everything! 😀
I am also sharing this delicious noodles at Fiesta Friday #176. Please link up your posts to me and the lovely Monika as we are co-hosting the party. Also, don’t forget to link it back to our amazing host, Angie. 😉
Chicken Teriyaki Noodles
- 2 ramen noodles, discard the seasoning packet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken breasts, sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce*
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Spring onions, sliced, to garnish
- Cook ramen noodles according to instructions, making sure to discard the seasoning packet. Drain water and set aside.
- In a skillet with medium-high heat, add in olive oil. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add all veggies (except spring onions) and cook until soft. Add cooked noodles and teriyaki sauce. Add salt & pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Enjoy immediately!
Note: I used the teriyaki sauce I made, but you can use store-bought, making sure to adjust the amount according to your liking.