A very nice replacement to naughty deep-fried potatoes and this is Whole30 compliant. This has lesser oil, no flour or breadcrumbs for the coating – so this is gluten-free, too.
I haven’t been getting enough sleep lately. I wake up in the middle of the night and it is very difficult to go back to sleep again. When I get up for work, I thought I just took a nap. Still, I don’t feel that sleepy. It’s like I’ve swallowed a bunch of energizer battery. I am not complaining – I love being hyper. But having that much of energy in the middle of the night is not good!
Do not tell me about drinking chamomile tea. I tried – it didn’t work. I tried again, it didn’t work. I even bought dried chamomile flowers – still didn’t work. Do I have to drink the whole packet of dried flowers? Hmm, I guess my body has too much energy that a cup or two of chamomile tea is not strong enough to calm me down.
I’ve stayed like that for weeks – I wanted to get up and do the laundry at 1am or iron my clothes, or even do this harissa sweet potato fries again… only if I bought a huge bag of sweet potatoes. I would have enjoyed this all by myself. But with that very lovely smell coming from this – I don’t think so. The neighbors might ring the bell, too. 😀
This sweet potato fries is flavored with harissa and contains less oil. The coating doesn’t include oil except the oil that comes from harissa. I’ve used the harissa I’ve made and it was irresistibly good!
I served this with harissa-tahini sauce and it was crazy good! I have also tried with homemade harissa and wow – also really good! I haven’t tried the store-bought harissa, but I guess it would do just fine. I am sure this would be great with mayonnaise and ketchup, too. 😉
Harissa Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large sweet potato
- 4 tsp harissa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper greased with little olive oil.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and wash thoroughly. Slice into fries and place in a bowl or ziplock bag.
- Add in harissa, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix to coat the sweet potatoes.
- Place in the prepared baking pan, making sure to put them in a single layer, not crowded.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked and tender.
- Serve immediately with harissa-tahini sauce, mayonnaise, ketchup or harissa.
Source recipe: Harissa Sweet Potato Fries by Wall Flower Kitchen
Also sharing at