Chicken pieces spiced with homemade harissa – spicy, sweet and delicious! This can be marinated ahead of time and roast the next day.
It’s funny how we complain about things without (sometimes) thinking that there are situations crazier than ours. I was just going through my drafts and saw less than 15 drafts to get rid of. Then I’ve read Angie’s post and she has 61, while Mollie was down to 70 from 170. Wow! I laughed at myself. Now, I need to start getting rid of them. I have trashed some already, not because I don’t like the taste, but because I didn’t like the photo and I cannot take another photo after realizing that. Why not? Well, they’re already gone – swimming inside my tummy!
To get rid of my drafts, I am starting off with this one – Harissa Spiced Roasted Chicken. Super easy recipe, yet so good! You start off my mixing your spices, rub them all over the chicken pieces and add the veggies. Next thing is you roast them. Now, you can relax while waiting or you can muli-task. I’ll take the multi-tasking part! 😀
This dish came out a little lemony since I included lemon wedges with the chicken and other veggies while roasting. I am sure you can just squeeze lemon juice – it’s up to you. I used homemade harissa and my tummy was very happy!
Harissa Spiced Roasted Chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tsp harissa paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- 4 chicken (I used drumsticks and thighs)
- ½ lemon, sliced in wedges
- 1 onion, quartered
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, add crushed garlic, harissa paste, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Give it a good mix and rub all over the chicken pieces. Place in a baking dish.
- Add in sliced onion, tomatoes and lemon wedges, making sure that all seeds have been removed.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning the pan halfway through cooking.
Source recipe: Sainsbury’s Magazine
Also sharing at
Featured at Melt in your Mouth Monday Recipe Blog Hop #319