Hand pies made with flaky pastry filled with sweet mangoes and peaches – a dessert famous in the Philippines.
I love Mangoes. I could eat them everyday. I love anything with Mangoes.
Sadly, they are not available all year long… and when they are in season, they stay for a very short period of time. Mango season this year came along with the month of Ramadan which was lovely as I had Mangoes for the whole month. I have listed several recipes with Mangoes, but I rarely cook/bake something new during Ramadan. It was one of those days that I badly wanted to try making Peach Mango Pie. Besides, it has been waiting in my list for more than a year. 😀 I made sure this time to have them on the table.
Peach Mango Pie is very famous in the Philippines and repeatedly fall in love with this favorite pie of mine. I have known this pie from Jollibee, which is the most famous fast-food chain in the Philippines. They can be sold individually or by three’s. Oh my! I could finish six in one sitting. They are just so good.
Over a year ago, I tried looking for a recipe, but I don’t know why I did not find one. And when I was looking for another pie recipe, I found this recipe.
Peach Mango Pie
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, cold, cut into cubes
- 1/2 stick cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Milk, for brushing
Peach Mango Filling:
- 1 cup cubed mangoes
- 1 cup cubed peaches
- 3 tbsp sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix all pie crust ingredients except milk. Using a pasty mixer or your clean finger, mix the dough until you form a coarse crumb. Form into a ball or disk and wrap it using plastic wrap/cling film. Let sit inside the fridge for an hour.
Peach Mango Pie:
- In a bowl, combine all peach mango filling. Microwave about 1-2 minutes. Let cool a little.
Baking the hand pies:
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line tray with parchment paper.
- While preheating, roll out your crust thinly into a sheet and cut into rectangles using a dough scraper or a knife. Spoon fruit filling on one rectangle dough and cover with another dough. Press down the edges with a fork to seal. Poke vent holes on top to let the steam out. Repeat the process until you have used all your dough and filling. Brush the top with milk to get a golden color.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust turn golden brown.
Source Recipe: Jollibee’s Peach Mango Pie @ Obsessive Cooking Disorder
You can strain your filling before and after the microwave process to strain the liquids. I did this, but I prefer mine with some ‘syrup’ next time.
Do a taste test for the feeling. If your Peaches are not that sweet, you may need to add a little sugar.
I hope you enjoy these hand pies and will have the chance to try the recipe.
Have a fabulous weekend! Happy partying! Thank you for spending time with me today.
I am also sharing these delicious hand pies at:
Tasty Tuesdays | What’d You Do This Weekend?! | Cook Blog Share | Totally Terrific Tuesday | Melt in Your Mouth Monday | Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party | Saucy Saturdays | Happiness is Homemade | Recipe of the Week | Showcase Your Talent Tuesday | FoodieFriDIY | Tickle Your Tastebuds Tuesday | Sunday Sweets | Show and Tell Link Party | Kitchen Fun and Crafty Fridays |