Baked chicken wings coated with honey-sriracha sauce. Sticky, sweet and mildy spicy.
You know when you make an excellent dish when you want to take photos again, but you realized its too late.
I think some of you are aware that I love Sriracha. But honestly, I haven’t tried using it as is. I love Sriracha-based sauces or dips. I love anything with Sriracha on it. Honey, on the other hand, I haven’t tried cooking or baking with it. I have honey, but I usually use it in dips and on smoothies.
I prepared the sauce according to the instructions below and coated the chicken wings. The smell is just beyond amazing that I could just dive in into the sauce. I prepped my props and I was very happy with the photos. Of course, one of the awesome things of being a food blogger is you get to enjoy the fruit of your labor.
You enjoy. You enjoy. And you enjoy… without even realizing that you can make the dish yummier and more appetizing. The light bulb over my head sparked or let me say gave me fireworks when I thought of broiling the chicken wings. Ugh! The sun is down by that time. Why can’t the light bulb turn its light on at daytime? Because it’s daytime and it’s saving energy? 😀 Wrong time to save. Well, it’s too late. No natural light and I hate taking photos without it.
However, I proceed with the broiling thing… er, not broiling… I placed the chicken wings inside a oven toaster and I did my thing. 😉 It came out incredible. I could just slap my face by not being able to think about it when the sun is up. Blogger problems. 😐
This Sriracha Chicken Wings is beyond amazing. It has sticky, sweet, mildly spicy sauce.
The smell alone is to die for. The chicken wings is first baked, then smothered with the super delicious sauce. My strong suggestion, go ahead and broil them after coating them with the sauce until they get little charred. Alternatively, you can just grill them directly outside.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg chicken wings, split, remove tips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tsp salt
For the Sauce:
- 5 tbsp butter
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and grease the foil.
- Pat dry the chicken, set aside.
- In a bowl, mix oil, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add pat-dried chicken wings to this mixture, mixing to coat well.
- Place coated chicken in the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a small saucepan with low-medium heat, melt butter. Add the remaining sauce ingredients (except for lime wedges, they are to be used for later) and stir constantly. Cook until mixture starts to bubble. Turn off the heat and remove from the heat, set aside.
- When the chicken wings are done, remove them from the oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce all over your chicken (you can put everything or set aside for dipping sauce).
- Optional, but highly recommended: Place your chicken wings on a cleaned baking sheet lined with foil, broil them till they get charred. You can also do this is an oven toaster like I did. It works really well. 😉 But I did it after I took a photo 😦
- Serve immediately and serve with lime wedges.
To grill outside: coat the chicken with some sauce and grill until cooked/charred. Save some for basting or dipping.
Source recipe: Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings by Chew Out Loud
I tell you – you will love this. Also, BBQ season is here. This is really awesome for BBQ parties. Pair them with rice? Oh, you know how much I love rice. I promise myself that I will make this often. Once I do make this again, I’ll make sure to take photos and update this post. One last note: I am head over heels over this dish! It seems like I found myself a new love, eh? 😀
I hope you enjoy this lip-smacking dish and will have the chance to try the recipe.
Have a fabulous weekend! Happy partying! Thank you for spending time with me today.
I am also sharing this amazing dish at
Tasty Tuesdays | What’d You Do This Weekend?! | Melt in Your Mouth Monday | Happiness is Homemade | Saucy Saturdays | Recipe of the Week | Totally Terrific Tuesday | Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party | Turn It Up Tuesdays | Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday | What’s Cooking Love | Wake Up Wednesday | Friday Favorites | Foodie Friends Friday | Munching Mondays | Show and Tell Link Party | Kitchen Fun and Crafty Fridays | Cook Blog Share
Still hungry for chicken??