It’s that time again that my friends inside the kitchen cupboards are begging to get my attention. When I opened the cupboard, I was in shock when I see some of the ingredients on strike. I calmed them down and talked to them saying that I could not use all of them in one time. After a not so long time discussing with them, there was a small voice from a small bottle saying to get it first. That voice is from sambal oelek.
I wanted to make the sweet chili sauce again, but I also want to try something else. So I called a friend named Google and it helped me find a very easy recipe. And I believe my friend knows me so well that it led me to a recipe that is very lovely with egg. 😀
Sambal minced beef is very easy as you just have to prepare the sauce, stir fry the beef, fry up some crisp sunny side up egg, get your white rice and you’re ready to dig in! The beef is a little spicy, juicy and of course, delicious! It has also this ‘Thai kick’ because of the fish sauce, but be free to omit it of you dislike fish sauce. It will still be good. The source recipe calls for bok choy, but all I had was spinach so I used it instead.
This recipe is very good when you want a very easy meal. And that fried egg is everything to me! 😀
I’ve missed FF last week and I am very much happy to be partying with you again here at Fiesta Friday #134. No co-hosts for this week, so it will be lovely to come back at Angie’s place on Tuesday for voting time. 🙂
Sambal Minced Beef with Fried Egg
For the sauce:
- 3 tsp honey or brown sugar
- 3 tsp sambal oelek
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp cooking oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz ground beef
- 3/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- Sunny side up egg, to serve
- Cooked white rice
- Wash the spinach and place in a colander to drain the water.
- In a bowl, place all sauce ingredients. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a skillet over high heat, add in 2 tsp of cooking oil. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in minced beef. Using a wooden spoon, break the beef into smaller pieces.
- Add in the sauce and lower the heat to medium. Stir for about 2 minutes and transfer the cooked beef into a separate dish/container.
- In the same pan with medium heat, add in 1 tsp of cooking oil and crushed chili flakes.
- Add in spinach and cook just until soft.
- By this time, you can fry an egg.
- In a plate, add in you cooked rice. Top with beef and sunny side up egg. Place the cooked spinach on the side. Sprinkle with green onions, toasted sesame seeds or crushed chili flakes if desired.
Source recipe: Sambal Minced Beef with Fried Egg and Bok Choy by MISSBISH
Happy Fiesta Friday!