Delicious potato salad with just very few ingredients and with homemade mayonnaise
I think you all know that I love potatoes. Since I knew that potatoes are Whole30 compliant, I make sure to have them every week. Mostly, I just roast them with Cajun seasoning or pair with roast chicken or cook with other veggies. Though I love potatoes, I never had too much potato salad in my life. I think it is because either I find them too bland or with too much mayonnaise. I love mayonnaise, but there are mayonnaise that I don’t like the taste.
I was invited for a lunch at a friend’s home and she served me potato salad. That’s when I realized that I never had that salad for years. Inspired by my friend, I decided to make my own salad, but I thought of making it Whole30 compliant. So I used the mayonnaise I made.
This potato salad is mixed with only plain mayonnaise, but you can also mix it with almond milk or any milk of your choice that goes well with salad. I also included sliced cucumbers and boiled eggs. I made it very simple with just very few ingredients, but it was really delicious!
The measurement of the ingredients depends on you – you can put as much as you like.
- 500g baby potatoes*
- Sliced cucumbers
- Boiled eggs, sliced into smaller pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- May also add: pickle relish, almond milk, sugar to sweeten (if not doing Whole30), fresh dill, and whatever mix ins you’d like
- In a large pot of boiling water over high heat, add in peeled and quartered potatoes. Cook until fork tender. Drain water and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in mayonnaise and the rest of the mix ins you’d like to include.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Note: I just love to use baby potatoes most of the times and also for this salad.
Also sharing at