Homemade mayonnaise is not as complicated as you thought. It is really easy to make, super smooth and delicious. It’s healthier than the store-bought ones.
There’s nothing more delicious than a homemade mayonnaise.
I’ve been telling myself to make mayonnaise at home. I’ve read reviews about failures and being upset about it. Oh, wait… I’ve tried making garlic mayonnaise myself long, long ago and it was a bad idea. After that, I’ve deleted the idea of homemade mayonnaise from my system.
Following Whole30 rules changed everything. I had two choices – read labels of all jars of mayonnaise from the store to see if there is something Whole30 compliant or make my own. I chose the second one. According to the tips I’ve read when you want to make your own mayonnaise, you have to bear in mind these two – use good quality extra light olive oil and you have to pour the olive oil thru the food processor’s mouth VERY slowly (that’s when you are using food processor). I don’t have a problem with the first one. The second one? I thought it was very boring. I needed something to do while pouring the oil, but I thought I need to focus. Okay, I took the boring job.
It was indeed a boring job, but the result was fantastic. The mayonnaise came out really smooth and delicious. I never missed the usual mayonnaise I am getting from the store. Apart from it’s delicious, it’s also healthier than store-bought ones.
- 1 ¼ cup extra light olive oil, divided (I used this brand)
- 1 egg, room temperature and good one
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In your food processor, combine egg, ¼ cup extra light olive oil, mustard powder and salt. Mix well.
- Turn on the food processor on the lowest speed. While it is running, very slowly drizzle 1 cup of extra light olive oil. This may take some time, but it works.
- After adding all remaining oil and the mixture has emulsified, remove the blade from the food processor. Add lemon juice one at a time and gently mix with a spoon. (Please note that while adding lemon juice, the mixture becomes thinner.)
Source recipe: Whole 30 Mayo
Enjoy your weekend, people! Happy Fiesta Friday!💃🏻
Also sharing at