These Sweet Potato Chicken Poppers are so good that you’d want to put one after the other in your mouth. They are Whole30 compliant and baked (yay!), so they are good for you.
Some of you might say, ‘Wow! Congrats on keeping up with your Whole30!’
Honestly, I don’t do the 30 days anymore. It’s Whole6 now – haha! I strictly follow the Whole30 rules for 6 days and then I will have a rest (okay, cheat day!) for one day. If there are more holidays, then that is good! Haha!
Meal planning for Whole30 approved foods can be a little pain if you don’t have all the ingredients like the one I’ve always wanted to have – coconut aminos (send me some??). So you have to think or look for other recipes that will surely make your taste buds happy like these Sweet Potato Chicken Poppers…
I ran out of ideas and I asked Pintrest for help and I came across Michelle’s Sweet Potato Chicken Poppers. Good timing – I had homemade mayonnaise during this time. If you will check, the first one I made was yellow and this is white (looks like the real thing – yay!) – it is because I just put a tiny bit of mustard and well, my egg yolk was too pale (boo!). But I am glad it turned out AMAZING!
Going back to the Sweet Potato Chicken Poppers – what can I say aside from the fact that I ALMOST finished everything in one go? Haha! These are so cute and delicious that you’d want to put one after the other in your mouth. Since they are Whole30, I am sure you know that they are healthy, too.
The ingredients are not too much – ground chicken, sweet potato, garlic powder, onion powder, spring onions, arrowroot powder (can use coconut flour), olive oil (or coconut oil) and paprika (it is just too good with sweet potato). This is also super easy to make as you’ll only need to mix all of them and shape them into golf-size balls and bake them. Yes, my friends! These are baked! Make them now??
Whole30 Sweet Potato Chicken Poppers
- 400g ground chicken
- 2 ½ cups sweet potato, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper greased with cooking spray.
- Grate the peeled sweet potato using a grater or food processor. Place the grated sweet potato on a kitchen towel and squeeze out the liquid and discard. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the bowl of grated sweet potato, add the rest of the ingredients. Using your clean hands, mix until well combined.
- Wet your hands (if necessary) and take out about a size of a golf ball and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat until mixture is finished.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through (I forgot this step – ugh!). If necessary, you can place the poppers under a broiler for 1-2 minutes to make the outer crispier.
- Remove from the oven and let the poppers cool down for about 10 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
Source recipe: Sweet Potato Chicken Poppers by Unbound Wellness
- I made 24 chicken poppers.
- I served this with Whole30 compliant homemade mayonnaise.
Also sharing at